• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

Latest Oooop`n Baffles

Hi guys,

While they are not quite finished yet, I figured I`d show you part 1 of my latest Open baffles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OB 004a.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	867802

Click image for larger version

Name:	OB 005a.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	867803

The stain is going on tomorrow.

They are equipped with Electrovoice SP12C wideband drivers and a Supravox tweeter that has a capacitor of 5 MFDs. It is made ««Russian merusier» sorry for the french term ops:
    Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 01:40 Thursday. Reason: Update image location
    Got a nice rack to show me ?
  • JoshK
    • Mar 2005

Looks nice and simple. How do they sound?

Comment

• Bam!
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2004

Hi Josh

They sound pretty decent. My reference are the SP15A`s from Electrovoice that are also a wideband driver and they give a lot more weight to the instruments and vocals. The lower mids are pretty similar except they don`t quite have the mass and ease of the SP15s. However the imaging is a little better on the 12`s than the 15`s, I think all these points have a lot to do with just the difference in size. The 15`s give me more of a sense of being palpable but the 12 seem faster. The micro dynamics are pretty different between the 2 and so is the fluidity.

All I know is that for surrounds, when they all come together, it should be pretty interesting as far as dynamics go!

Thanks for asking.
      Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"